Some Dental facts that just might surprise you.
• Coffee, wine and cigarettes stain teeth. Teeth whitening treatments can make your smile bright again!
• Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is healthy for your teeth
It reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes the enamel.
• The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Adults… just 15.
Even identical twins do not have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know that your tongue print is also unique?
• 60% of people who don’t know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain,
can signal a heart attack-especially in women.
• Academy of General dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day.
The recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
• If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side.
If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
• 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice.
• 80% are not happy with their smile.
• 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes.
• 33% of Americans have untreated tooth decay.
• People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more dental decay.
• 78% of Americans have had at least 1 cavity by age 17.
• 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of their co-worker.
• Research says that people with periodontal disease (Gum disease) are at higher risk for developing
heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and respiratory disease.
• Periodontal bacteria can enter the blood stream and travel to major organs and begin new infections.
• People with gum disease are twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without disease.
• According to the recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Survey,
92% of Americans believe that an attractive smile is an important social asset.
• More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.